how to set up my 30,nano or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe-joe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just getting stuff together to get back into the game.So far i have a 30 gal tank& stand.I also have a 150w MH fixture that I'm going use to build a DIY canopy with actinics and moon lighting combined with in/out fans.
I have been doing my homework and i'm a little confused on which route to take with the filtration.I plan on 45 to 60 LBS. of LR, thats the only definate as of now.
My question is where does nano stop and reef take over?Should i go sump/fuge with skimmer(remora c) or straight LR whith no skimmer and more frequent water changes?
There seems to be conflicting data on the subject with a tank of this size.To cut the take for external overflow or in take overflow is still a burning question I'm constantly battling in my head all the days of late.Been out of the scene for almost ten years,man i'm dieing to get water flowing again.Thanks for advice in advance.

imo, you definately want to run a skimmer. the sump/fuge has benefits as well: adding water volume, hiding equipment, and the fuge can help with extra nutrients. most would recommend to have the tank drilled, if you can. overflows can be a pain from what ive read.

Back
Top Bottom