How to setup my sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epaz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I am seeking advice on how to setup my sump. It is an Amiracle, I believe it to be at least 20-30 gallon with two chambers ( could have 3 but the divider didn't come with the setup. On the right side is the large trickle side with bio-balls then I have the left which is small and houses the return pump. Should I dump the bb and put LR in that side and if so does it need to be submerged? And can I put my heater in an acrylic sump? I would like to also eventually put my skimmer in there as well but it wont fit on the side with the return pump and the trickle side has the plate over the top. I received this whole setup from a family member who passed away so I don't really have any one to ask about this and my town has no local FS. Also on the side that houses the return pump its drilled and leads to yet another dry pump but is shut off( by way of ball valve) because at the moment it leads to nothing....any ideas on what they would have used this for?:thanks: I did try to put a pic of the sump but it will not let me copy and paste and I have no idea what the URL for my pic is. Here is a link for what a new sump like mine looks like http://www.cvreefers.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=16660&stc=1&d=1283220001

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom