Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

How would you make a sump next to your tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
It depends what you mean by simple and what you want to do with it. The simplest sump would just be a container that can hold water with a return pump. If you want chambers you can add dividers for all the reasons that were listed above. It is actually really simple to make a sump, even out of glass and silicone.
I'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything but how would you make a sump next your tank (I don't have access to the space under my tank). Also could I use a 10 g or 20 tall?

Old 11-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

You can plumb a sump next to the tank or even to a different floor of your house. You just need to make sure your return pump can return water to the tank.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

[QUOTE="Sniperhank;2715977"]You can plumb a sump next to the tank or even to a different floor of your house. You just need to make sure your return pump can return water to the tank.[/QUOTE

That's awesome! Do you think you could point me toward a good site that would have a detailed plan to build this? I've had my fowlr since spring but want to add more water volume and a refugium. Maybe get my skimmer out of my tank if space permits. Thanks!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com