Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #151
Aquarium Advice Freak

haha yeah im thinking it may be a bit much. there all in there now. the 1400s are on the back glass facing the center and up, the 1050s are on the side glass down low facing back and up. i'm moving some sand in the front though. not a sand storm but definitely changing some. on the bright side theres no dead spots lol. the couple kenya trees that are in the tank kind of look like there in a hurricane lol

HPballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #152
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPballer76 View Post
redid my aquascape today. i added 40-43lbs of base rock from reef rocks. the other 10 will go into the 24g.

here it is before.

and here it is after.

let me know what everyone thinks about the new look.

i'm hopping i didn't disturb the sand bed to much. i tested for ammo about 2 hours after i finished and it was 0. should i check again in a few hours or anything else i should look out for?

i also added another 1050gph koralia for some extra flow.
Nice, I like the new look!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #153
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks man! so does anyone think i would be able to keep a picasso trigger? a friend of mine has a small one hes looking to get rid of.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #154
Aquarium Advice Freak

hopefully this will stop my salt creep around the skimmer.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #155
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPballer76 View Post
i think i will be putting a pair of those on the to buy list! thanks so much carey!

took another shot of the dt and qt. the rubber maid to left of the tank is ro water for the ato to keep the tank topped off for the few days im out of town

also picked up this the other day. another reason i am looking at the leds. i could use them on this for a future build
I just bought a tank almost identical to this one. At least I think it is. Mine is 5ft x 18" x 20". I believe that is 100g. Is that the same size as yours? Mine is a Clarity Plus, but have no idea how old. It came with a stand, canopy, 2-VHO lights, wet/dry with bioballs, skimmer and really small power head, also around 100lbs of rock (half dry and half live). I declined to take the sand as the tank was in very poor condition. I'm going to have to scrub the live rock and hope it won't kill any good "stuff" that is on it. Mine has a blue back. Are you planning on sanding/polishing out scratches before you set it up? That is what I am going to do as soon as I order some micro mesh for sanding and polish for buffer. Congrats on the new tank!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #156
Aquarium Advice Freak

i was planning to polish all the scratches out but i actually ended up selling the tank. someone made me an offer i couldn't refuse and i'm not sure when i will actually be able to setup a bigger tank. whenever i decided to upgrade i am planing on just buying a new glass tank. probably in the 125-180 range. mine was just a little bigger than yours. it was 60"x18"x24"
Old 03-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #157
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ahhhh, I was hoping to follow your build on that tank. I plan to upgrade again as well. I had hoped to go to a 6 ft tank this time but did t quite make it so next upgrade for sure. I have no idea how to do plumbing for skimmer, sump, refugium. I need to find some instructions or videos. If you know of any good ones, please share links.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #158
Aquarium Advice Freak

yeah i would have loved to set it up it just didn't work out and i ended up making money on it so i sold it. plumbing everything is pretty simple. if you look back a couple pages you will see how i redid all the plumbing on the 72.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #159
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks I will do that.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #160
Aquarium Advice Freak

small update. moved my power strips to the wall behind the tank. this makes it much easier to get to and is up away from water.

also got rid of the ugly clamp i was using for the fuge light and added some egg crate to keep the cheato from getting over the baffle into the return section.

Tags
2 gallon, 72 gallon, first sw, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com