Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

im assuming the green moss ball looking things are bad and a clean up crew would take car of them??

everytime i got close to the tank this one would close up. i finally got a shot of it open but its kind blurry

any help on identifying any of the above would be appreciated. also based on my water tests should i do anything to the tank? or just leave it alone and keep running tests?

Old 12-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPballer76 View Post
im assuming the green moss ball looking things are bad and a clean up crew would take car of them??

everytime i got close to the tank this one would close up. i finally got a shot of it open but its kind blurry

any help on identifying any of the above would be appreciated. also based on my water tests should i do anything to the tank? or just leave it alone and keep running tests?
I am pretty sure that the second picture is some kind of mushroom, not 100% sure though.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

thank you ^ any idea on the others?

after putting the hood and lights on yesterday the tank slowly climbed to 80.2 and stopped there. it dropped to 79.0 over night and is currently at 79.3

is that a good temp? should i unhook two of the lights? or look for different lighting?

pics of the hood and lights are on the previous page.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I dont think 80 degrees is bad as long as it's constant. The temp swing you have is so small I wouldnt worry about it. One degree drop isnt much at all.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks carey i think i will just set my heater to 78 to make sure there isn't to much of a drop and go with it for now. then maybe look into some different lighting later on.

water tests as of yesterday

temp- 79.9
ph- 8.0
ammo somewhere between 0 and .25
nitrites- 0
nitrates- 10
Old 12-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

should i dose the tank or add a dead shrimp to raise the ammo back up or when it gets to 0 just do a pwc and i should be good to go?

also i made my sump with a refugium area to the right of the return pump. i haven't go to change up the plumbing under the tank yet so its currently running to the skimmer section then return and back up. im having to top it off twice a day cause i made the return section kind of small to have a bigger fuge. obviously i don't want to keep topping off twice a day so should i do away with the refugium all together and just have extra room in the return section or should i keep the fuge and add and auto top off?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Nice tank
Old 12-26-2011, 03:46 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Nice tank love the pics
Old 12-27-2011, 12:23 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

well i had an accident with the tank today and have no idea what to do. the middle support section broke. i was taking the hood off by myself. (dumb move) slipped and put my hand on the support and it broke. i'm lost on what to do. all i know is that i do not want 70 gallons on my bedroom floor..

is there a way to fix it or should i start looking for a new tank?

Old 12-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

You should look into replacing the rim. I know a few guys with a 72 bow that have done it, but I can't find where they got it from. Maybe check with your tank's manufacturer?

Tags
2 gallon, 72 gallon, first sw, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com