HPballer76's 72 gallon bow. first sw tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It might fit, the MJ's are pretty small. I couldnt find any measurements for it online though, sorry.

Just had to post up some pics of my Blenny chilling on my powerhead lol

img_1787447_0_7bfeeaf303ebe9fdc7857f0e818c4f4f.jpg

img_1787447_1_b28f98dea46adc2150b51953d18f0404.jpg

Is it possible for a true perk and a b&w perk to be a breeding pair? Someone local is parting out there tank and says he has the above. If so what do you guys think would be a fair price for the pair? If you can respond ASAP that would be awesome so I can let him know if I want them.

Thanks

I'm not an expert but from what I've read on here they don't pair up because they are different species. I'm not sure though :/ good luck!!

Had a quick question. What did you get from lowes to make your lights hang right from the canopy. That's what I'm doing and I wanted to make sure that I get the right things once I order the lights! Thanks!

hmm well i ended up getting them and they have been in the tank a couple days. they are always together and sleep in the same spot so i'm thinking they are paired up? the guy i got them from swore they are a breeding pair. is that possible? i like them either way but it would be awesome if they would breed!

on the lights all i did was get some of the little screw in eyelets from the hardware section. attach those to the hood and then hang the lights with the s hooks.

HPballer76 said:
hmm well i ended up getting them and they have been in the tank a couple days. they are always together and sleep in the same spot so i'm thinking they are paired up? the guy i got them from swore they are a breeding pair. is that possible? i like them either way but it would be awesome if they would breed!

on the lights all i did was get some of the little screw in eyelets from the hardware section. attach those to the hood and then hang the lights with the s hooks.

I like them too! It would be interesting to see what they bread if they are paired. Good luck!

Thanks! I can't wait to get my lights! How do you like them?

so everyone tell me if this is a crazy idea or not lol.

so i've been struggling with hair algae and red flat worms. as most of you know i got this tank used so i kind of inherited those problems and didn't know anything when i first started the tank. well now i feel as i have a pretty good idea as to what is needed to maintain a nice tank and have been thinking. i kind of want to start from scratch. not with a new tank or anything just all new sand and all new base rock. basically i'm consider restarting the tank. i would break it down, clean everything, make some minor tweaks to make it easier to maintain and then recycle it with all new sand and base rock.

is that a bad idea? am i crazy? lol

would i be able to fit my current stock into either a 15 gallon or a 29 gallon while i make the changes to the main tank? i have a ac50 that has been running on my sump for a month now so with that and the rock thats in the main tank i could avoid having to cycle the smaller tank.

current stock that would have to be moved is.

eight line wrasse
starry blenny
pair of clowns
fire shrimp
emerald crab
various snails

sorry for the long post. been thinking about this for a while and finally decided to post up about it.

I don't know if it will work but I think it's a great idea. I personally was having that issue because I wanted to build something that was mine and I was finding all these tanks already set up! Good luck! I hope more people chime in!

I think you can redo the tank but not to that extreme. I had to nuke a tank because of aipatasia. It was alot easier than tearing down everything and starting over.

if you decide to do it I would use the 29g for the holding tank while you set theirs back up.

Good luck

How would you recommend doing it Carey? I think its something I would like to do when I get enough free time.

I'm also going to check out a 24g aquapod tomorrow so I may have that to hold some of them in.

If you can take out the rock and scrub it clean you can either put it all back in or let it sit out and "die" so to speak. You can also just let the tank sit with no feeding and no lights while the livestock is in another tank. You can then use all the chemiclean or other stuff you want and do water changes. That should get rid of any algae and with no lights or feeding the nutrients are bound to come down.

If you kill off your live rock though you will probably have to cycle again or maybe you can get away with a mini cycle.

What's the biggest reason why you would want to start over?

mainly because of flat worms and algae. plus i would like to have a different aquascape with more rock. i already ordered more rock from reef rocks so i will be adding that either way. and honestly i like the look of a new clean tank.

Back
Top Bottom