Huma Trigger Acting psycho

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WJH1748

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.. We moved the tank & fish a week ago. They seem to all be happy & healthy. However now the Huma is spending most of his time down between to rocks. He does not come out when I feed. When he does venture out he looks healthy. If I approach the tank, he darts back into hiding. The first week he was not that bad?? Is this normal for a Huma? Otoh, the Pink Tail Trigger & puffer will swim to me and wait for a snack. I'm concerned he is not getting anything to eat?? Tx WJH

Are any of the other fish picking on the huma? If not, I would simply give it some time, it sounds like normal skittishness from recent aquisition. The other trigger and puffer are messy eaters, more than likely the huma is scavaging off the bottom when your not around ;)

FWIW, you may try some shrimp to coax it into eating for you, either some FW grass shrimp (should not be a staple) or some SW bait shrimp if available.

Huma reply

Thanks... I have not seen any other fish pick on him. I think your correct in that he may need some time. He was moved 200 miles last week, went thru a water change on Sat, and my kids always have their face in the glass. (I would be hidding also 8O ) I will get some small live fw & sw shrimp. TX WJH[/code]

Back
Top Bottom