Hwo much more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpaparazzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got a quick question...

I got a 75g with about 95lbs of liverock..I am adding about 35lbs of rock.

For fish I have 2 perc clowns, 3 blue-green chromis.
I have a peppermint shrimp, 2 crabs, about 20 mixed snails and whatever is alive in the rock...

I want to add a blue tang for my daughter (yes she likes nemo) and then I (eventually) want to add a royal gramma and a couple cardinalfish...Is this to many fish..

After that I want to just build up the reef..

How do I know when to tell the wife its time for another tank :D

Thanks

I think with what you got a blue tang will pretty much max it out, if you get the tang small, you can probably do the gramma and a cardinal, but expect to upgrade to a 125 within about 6 months to a year.

Really?...So all the liverock and snails etc cut down on the amount of fish?? So if I put the tang in Ill have no problem adding corals??

THanks for the help

Tony

Really?...So all the liverock and snails etc cut down on the amount of fish??

No not really. You just have to look to the adult sizes of your fish, plus their activity level, compatibility, eating habits etc..

FWIW, I tend to be pretty conservative in stocking, you usually can't go wrong that way ;)

Thanks..I think I am going to only go with the tang. Then thats it for fish.Then start doing the corals..Im purchasing new lighting next week. Corals should be ok right??

Thanks for your help!

Not sure if this is right but I alway look at the adult size of the fish,
2 clowns = 6" + 3 chromis = 6" + 1 Blue Tang = 6" Total 18 inches.
That was giving the chromis 6" instead of 9" and the blue tang 6" instead of up to 1' (not sure how big they actually get in a tank) a 75 gal. with 5 gal per inch not adding for rock work is 15 inches.
Not sure if this will help and if this is not correct someone please let me know.

Thanks
Kaye

Ok Im curious.... This is the 2nd time I have seen Reefrunner refer to upgrading to a 125 gallon tank. I was thinking about upgrading to a 90 gallon. Why is 125 the magic number??? :!:

I think in this case he was suggesting a 125 since it is the smallest standard size 6' tank still readily available. Since surgeonfish tend to be pretty active swimmers, a 6' tank is generally accepted as the minimum aquarium size needed as they grow larger.

I think in this case he was suggesting a 125 since it is the smallest standard size 6' tank still readily available. Since surgeonfish tend to be pretty active swimmers, a 6' tank is generally accepted as the minimum aquarium size needed as they grow larger.

(y) (y)

hehehe and I like 125s ;)

Back
Top Bottom