Hydor Koralia 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Social_d87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would two Hydor Koralia 1s be enough in my 29 gallon tank? It will soon have some anemones in there. But before i get them i want to make sure i have enough lighting will my two 30" Coralife Aqualights be enough? They are 65w each.

The Koralia 1s would work fine for flow. I'm not so sure about the lighting. I'm assuming they are PCs. PCs just don't have the intensity to provide an anemone with the light it will need. T5s or better still MH for anemones.

yea..its actually too much ive been told, but i have a 1 n my 20 gallon, i love it

I have been successful with keeping certain types of anemones under PC lighting. The problem I see is space. In my experience, most of the lower light anemones like the BTA and LTA get large and grow quickly. You are talking in plurals and I can't see that working well for you. You may get away with one anemone (depending on your actual lighting type), but several would be pushing it IMO.

yea..its actually too much ive been told, but i have a 1 n my 20 gallon, i love it

Nope. Not too much. The flow on those is so dispersed versus other powerheads, you can't really compare the gallons/hr figures between koralias and say, maxijets. A Koralia 1 in a 20g is just fine.

To the original poster, in no way would I think 2x koralia 1s in a 29g would be too much. I'd almost say it might be too little, but it really depends on your aquascaping.

yea..a fish guy at my work told me its too much bull...its not all that much flow..

You can't compare the flow between an unmodified MaxiJet and a Koralia. The MJ's produce a very strong narrow stream (jet). The Koralia's produce a much wider flow that affects a larger area.

I have been successful with keeping certain types of anemones under PC lighting. The problem I see is space. In my experience, most of the lower light anemones like the BTA and LTA get large and grow quickly. You are talking in plurals and I can't see that working well for you. You may get away with one anemone (depending on your actual lighting type), but several would be pushing it IMO.

I was thinking of adding only one anemone if one at all. As for the 1s the one i have in there right now doesn't seem to be making enough flow so im just going to get another one it wouldn't hurt to have another laying around if i don't really need it right now. As for the lighting i already have the two lights and all the other lights out there are so much lol

Back
Top Bottom