I am Slowly Murdering my Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curious how the dosing is helping if your parameters were in check? Or, is it for the rapidly declining alk?

It is to keep alk up. It was dropping regularly between weekly water changes.

Fantastic. Everything is growing - zoas, acans, birdsnests, torch, frog, hammer, all look great. The pink birdsnest has dozens of new arms growing.

I have the autodosers dialed in, Alk is holding steady now at 10dKH and Ca holding steady at 425ppm.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the auto-doser setup cost you? It's almost time to think about Christmas gifts and my brother inherited my reef a few months back. It might be a nice gift option for him if I can afford it.

I spent around $300 but you can do it for much less. $100 of that was for the containers because I needed something that was the perfect size and I liked how they looked.

BRS has a complete package except timers for the peristaltic pumps starting at I think $179 during a group buy. It includes pumps, mixing containers, tubing, utensils, and a supply of compounds to make alk, Ca. And Mg solutions.

Thanks a ton for the info. It's pretty steep for my budget but maybe I could swing something for him. It's such a great setup. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom