Fort- I may have overstepped here but I'm one of those people that need a definitive answer to issues so I emailed your coral dilemma to a group that aquacultures corals. They are associated with a University so I figure if they can't help then who can right? They had a few questions. Could you post the answers so I can let him know? The following is what he has asked:
This is a tough one as there could be 101 different things to check but I've got a few questions to start.
- How long has the tank been running?
- What is the flow in the tank?
- How often are water changes done?
- Is he using RO
(if so, has he checked that or tried using water from a different source?)
- Running Carbon and if so how often is it getting changed?
- Was the tank previous used with Fresh Water and/or have any fish medications been used (copper is often a main ingredient in many medications and can leach into slicone).
There are many people that use that lighting successfully, so I would think the issue is related to water quality and can probably be fixed with time.
If you will let me know I will hit him back. Thx!