I blew it my first want it to go better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryn_C_mu

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got a condelactis anemone a week ago from this past Sunday I didn't have enough lighting and unfortunately it died so I got more lighting which adds more day light during the night and looks pretty cool but my question is will a orange Florida ricordia be ok for my tank it is a soft coral and on this website says low to moderate lighting so will it work

Oh ya! Go for it Richordia's can handle tough conditions and low lighting!

If you want something that flows with the current get a hammer or torch coral! They are hardy, do well in medium light and look fantastic swaying back and forth in the water!

Awesome totally getting that then and torches you said

Ya a torch and hammer were some of my first Corals! I did the same as you killed my first nem in a couple days because I did not know to wait!

Ya me too I felt bad for the little guy but I wanted my clowns to host something besides a fake coral haha

There is no guarantee clowns will host anything. Heck I've seen clowns host clams and zoanthids before a nem. But I agree ricordeas are good as well as any euphyllia corals

Awesome have you guys seen a orange Florida one though they're awesome

Ricordea florida are nice but check out Yuma ricordeas. Some are drool worthy haha

According to liveaquaria.com "Unlike other anemones, the Condy Anemone does not have a relationship with any particular fish, and it is rare for any type of clownfish or damsel to reside within them." I do have a pair of Pearl Eye Clarkie's that host my Condy but it took several months.

Weird so I did some research oh and bribo those yumas are awesome I saw these though I think this is it but mot sure would it work ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397109594.026775.jpg

Back
Top Bottom