I brought two clownfishes separately, like month apart. Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if the old one is bigger i would remove him to a QT tank for about a week or 2 and let the other become established then put him back in.....you should always buy a bigger clown that what you already have

you could change the way you have your rocks so that the older clown doesnt have its territory any more, make sure there are enuff hidding places for both fish.

you should always buy a bigger clown that what you already have

Actually this would almost cetainly lead to failure...unless the first clown is very small. The largest most dominant clown ina clutch will become the female, the second largest the male and the rest will remail neuter. If the female is removed the male will change sexes to female and the next largest neuter clown will become male. So if you add a larger clown...you could end up with two females that kill each other. The larger establish clown is establishing it's dominance at this point, it should abate some over the next couple of days.

I added an ocellaris to my tank to pair up with the other and they took to eachother right away, they did their little sex dance and now are like to peas in a pod.

I had a clarki in my fish only tank and it was picking on my goby so I put him in my friedns 125 gallon tank with damsels, a tang, and eel, trigger, and another clarki.

To tell you the truth I thought he would be beat up but after 2 weeks he paired up with the larger female clown in the tank and and fends for himself, hes a tought little bastard, the larger female clown beat up on him a little but now they get along.

Back
Top Bottom