I couldn't resist! Hows this for my first tank inhabitant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard they create a lot of waste products and have a very high ammonia smell if not changed regularly.

Sorry...FW guy just had to mention: I would hope you're considering getting a larger tank real soon. I understand this variety will outgrow the tank in a matter of months. :wink:

I've observed that this species ( the young one's ) are experts at licking algae and any other detritous off of the glass.

Too funny.

JG

I hate to tell you this, but that tanks is a bit small for that species. They grow rather fast and will quickly out grow your tank.

Most reccomend at least a 120 gallons as the minimum tank size.

Care should also be taken when selecting tankmates because anything that can fit in This species mouth, will end up there.

Shame too because the juvi version of this species is just so cute. Don't you just wish they'd stay that small? I wish mine still fit in my 120. Unfortunately they've well outgrown that and I keep them in my 46000g in the summertime.

We all forgot one important thing: Did we QT this new specimen before adding him to the tank? LOL

Mike

In one of these, I hope!

P5110031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom