Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-11-2005, 12:07 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

i dont want my clown to die help please!

hello i just got a clown this morning put him in my tank and later tonight noticed he was swimming relaly funny in the back corner facing down towards the sand just like hovering there. is he oky??
I flipped out when i tested my chemicals my ammonia is 0.25 nitrite 0.25 and nitrate 20 the tank is only 2 weeks old its a 10 gallon i used cured liverock from my other tank and livesand is my fish going to die is there anything i can do to help it thanks
ps i thought my tank was done cycling the ammonia went all the way up and al the way down

29 gallon saltwater "reef tank", 10 lbs crushed coral, 40 lbs aruglive sand, two percula clowns, one firefish,cleaner shrimp, blue legg hermits, 25 pounds fiji live rock, penguin 350 biowheel filter, prism delux hang on protien skimmer, maxijet 1200 powerhead, 125watt ebo jager heater, regular floresent lamp.
mattt6511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 12:42 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Mine does that too at night, i think that is how they sleep in the corner of the tank. He has been doing it for almost two years now. He should be all right. Keep us posted.

Old 12-11-2005, 01:21 AM   #3

I have to agree, mine found a corner toward the top and sleeps there... sort of bobs up and down... funny really.

As well, keep us posted...
Old 12-11-2005, 01:44 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have to say thank you very much i may be able to sleep now lol i was sooo upset i hope the little guy is oky, honestly i should of been more responsible and waited longer like i did with my other tanks... it was my own fault any advice on the ammonia at 0.25 i know it should be 0 but is that enough to kill my percula
29 gallon saltwater "reef tank", 10 lbs crushed coral, 40 lbs aruglive sand, two percula clowns, one firefish,cleaner shrimp, blue legg hermits, 25 pounds fiji live rock, penguin 350 biowheel filter, prism delux hang on protien skimmer, maxijet 1200 powerhead, 125watt ebo jager heater, regular floresent lamp.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:13 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

i just check on him and he was like floating on the surface i thought he was dead then it look like he woke up or something and just moved a little???? is this oky do clowns sleep like this i have never seen any of my other fish sleep before i didnt htink they did
Old 12-11-2005, 03:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
if they stay still they wont be able to get the oxygen through their gills.. and apart from that clowns always have that "wonky" swimming stroke about them..
StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 03:11 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Lonewolfblue Send a message via Yahoo to Lonewolfblue
Are you sure you are done cycling? 2 weeks doesn't seem like a very long time unless you used Bio Spira to cycle it.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:35 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

no it must not be dont cycling is there anything i can do or buy to help it finish
Old 12-11-2005, 09:58 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

You could try daily 1-2 gallon water changes. Do you have a bit of sponge or something that you could take from an established tank and put it in the new tank?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:19 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your tank is not done cycling yet. I suggest taking the clown back too the LFS and letting your tank finish the cycle. I can not garuentee that the clown will survive the cycle. Your tank is just too young for livestock yet. You can add another fish when NH3 and NO2 are at zero. In the meantime, you will need to doo daily water changes with aged SW to keep the NH3 and NO2 levels low enough so as not to posion your fish.

Tags
clown, die

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com