Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

I finally got him!

I set my tank up mid July. I have been having the LFS do water tests. I have been buying things to adjust my water params. I have been figuring out a regular maintenance schedule for cleaning, water changes and and dosing. I finally had two water tests in a row where the params were stable and what they should be. I finally got to buy my fish today!

I fell in love with the black clowns several years ago and am so excited to have one!

I was getting tired of looking at rock and only seeing my inverts at night for a bit under the blue light.

Now I have a wiggly little black ocellaris clown fish to call my own!

Old 09-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Good to hear things are coming along well. I loved b/w clowns what I got started into the hobby as well. As clowns are getting bred out more and more, the more interesting types of designers are becoming more available and cheaper, to the point where clowns that were endangered aren't anymore to my knowledge. I was so excited when a pair of b/w clowns showed up at my LFS. They were quickly added to the tank. Due to an electrical issue, the small male jumped and met my dog...thankfully the other tank that was being taken down had a small orange ocellaris in it that was quickly dominated by the large b/w female. They are still in the tank to this day in a neat contrast to one another. It will be hard to replace them in a future tank upgrade since they've been with me for years, but with this new strain of clowns coming out to look like a cow I think I might have to bite if it ever happens.

Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:24 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Congrats on being strong and waiting so long!!!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I strongly suggest you get a test kit , Glad to see you have things going right

Tags
fin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com