I got my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well i finally broke down and got a tank, its not the 46 gallon bow front i orignally thought i would get, i decided to go with a 50 gallon Oceanic tank. I got my salt, 2 maxi jets, 2 150 watt heaters, 1 50 watt heater for quarantine, hydrometer, seachem test kit in the mail, 30lb base rock from hirocks.com in the mail, and will order 25 lb of keys rock from liverocks.com next week. I finally decided to skip the wait to see if southdown comes in so i went to my LFS to shell out 100 bucks on caribsea sand, and guess what, THEIR OUT :x , NOOOOOOO. They had like 50 bags on sunday. Oh well, gonna have to try more stores tommarow. Then all i need is around 50 gallons of water from wallmart (the one with the purple cap), and gonna order my BAK PAK 2 this week. I think thats it, do i need anything else. Anyway, without my babbling on anymore, here it is, i know it has nothing in it yet, but what do you guys think?

- Jeff
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dd30b3127cce90f0289a373600000016108AaOGjdi4Ztq

RO is highly filtered water. An RO filter system has carbon filters which remove chlorine and particles. The RO membrane removes particles down to the size of bacteria and viruses. If you can find RO/DI water thats even better because the DI filter removes ions like phosphate. The conditioner only converts the chlorine into a less toxic form. The real question is: how good is your water?

If you want to upgrade your lights to PC (you won't be able to resist coral for long, trust me :roll: ) using your existing hood, check out ahsupply.com for (relatively) inexpensive retrofit kits. I'm using them on all three of my tanks.

Not sure what bulbs came with the strip light.... I put 2 URI bulbs in my strip light for my fowlr and it brings out the colors of the fish and LR better then standard bulbs. Most Strip light come with lighting for Fresh water tanks.
URI 1- super actinic and 1- white ....

i will not be keeping coral at first, when my wallet recovers a little and my tank becomes more stable i am sure i wouldnt be able to resist getting some coral. But to start with would a standard flourecent light work?

Back
Top Bottom