I guess I have the darn SW bug...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beggen/our seaclone went in the garbage thats what we thought of it just so you know we now have a berlin like it very much.

we now have a berlin like it very much.

I am actually going for the Berlin method, I just thought skimming might be a good plus. I'll try out the seaclone. If nothing else, I'll sell it to a buddy of mine who is thinking about setting up his own marine tank... He needs something cheap.

Yeah, a saltwater tank! I used to live in Panama city beach, right by Spinnakers! Is it still there? That is where I caught the saltwater bug, I used to go scuba diving all of the time! :D

I've been to spinnakers in PCB. NICE 8O !!! biggen how did you convince your wife into it. I have an 18 and a 10 gallon FW in the house. Does your wife share the same passion? I want to try the 10 with a nano reef set up but need much more research :oops:

vanilla try showing her some of the sw fish you are interested and ask her what ones she likes :wink:

Berlin is also a specific brand of skimmer

Ok, so I am an FW weenie... ;)

Yeah, a saltwater tank! I used to live in Panama city beach, right by Spinnakers! Is it still there?

Oh yeah. It is still there. During the season (spring & summer) we normally get together a group of people and go out there on the weekends. Tons of fun. Nice thing about living in PCB is that when the season is in full swing, there is always something to do.

biggen how did you convince your wife into it.

:). I am still working on that... Actually, this will be a slow process that I will drag out over the course of a few months. I don't want to spend a lot of money either. I have tried to budget myself to under $500. This should be a reasonable goal. This is the reason why I am going with 20 gallons and not anything bigger. The temptation is there to move up to 30, but going up in size also means going up in price.

When I was pricing stuff for a 55 gallon saltwater tank I noticed that getting sump and having to get an overflow and return pump made the cost a lot higher.

Well, all in all the sump setup for my 7 gallon minibow was about 70 bux, but it is well worth it if you see all the algae in there. and not in the main tank

Back
Top Bottom