I HATE my skimmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyghtone

Aquarium Advice Freak
:!: Ok, I bought a SeaClone 100 Skimmer, and it was a PAIN to get setup, and I finally had it working, then boom, today it TOTALLY stopped working!!!! I wish I would have found this forum before I went and bought a skimmer in the first place, I would have waited until I could afford the AquaC Urchin Pro, which is what I'm just going to buy anyways now when I can afford it...

So if anybody wants a seacloner I'll give it away for free after I get my new one!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S., sorry, after the last three hours of troubleshooting to get this thing working again I just needed to vent big time, sorry in advance, lol

I they want two they can have mine as well. I could not get it to produce anything FOR WEEKS, so I switched to the AquaC Remora. I had 1/2 a cup full of crap in 24 hours!

I feel your pain :cry:

have you tried writing the company? I had a friend who'd mom always made her complain to companies if there was a problem with her clothing she bought, etc... and she always either got a refund or free stuff (including a camera once!). Maybe it will work with the skimmer company as well???

have you searched these forums? I've seen a half dozen separate threads on 'how to tweak the SeaClone to make it not suck'

I have a Prizm deluxe, and a lotta people say the only skimmer worse than SeaClone is a Prizm.
Well, I do have to tweak the flow rate every day, but it definitely collects nasty stuff on a steady basis.

Look around for the threads. Maybe you can get it working a little better, so you can at least skim until you get that Remora.

malkore said:
I have a Prizm deluxe, and a lotta people say the only skimmer worse than SeaClone is a Prizm.
Well, I do have to tweak the flow rate every day, but it definitely collects nasty stuff on a steady basis.

I have a prizm too, does require a bit of tinkering & is loud! you have any tips you've found for this skimmer?

Cheers Shelton.

my seaclone collects about 1/2 cup of dark green much once a week, might not be the best but it keeps my nitrates at 0 thus far. If your seaclone stops working try taking a cup of hot water opening the air inlet valve all the way and sticking it in the hot watter, this usually dislodges and salt build up in the air intake and gets your running back up to speed. The pump will slowly suck all the hot water through the entirety of the air intake. I do this once a week just to keep the air line nice and clean. I am going to upgrade my skimmer eventually but for now its not too high a priority. btw, anyone know how to clean the main skimmer reaction chamber free of diatoms?

Shultz,

only thing people have said is to put an airstone in on the intake side to increase bubbles and thus skimming.
I find that adding fresh carbon helps skimming for a day or two also.
I have the deluxe, so I put the pre-skimmer on too, and it seems to help a little.

Thanks, I have the same one... I find it works well despite what people say, its just so damn loud :(

Cheers Shelton.

Heya, I'm actually serious, I hate this skimmer so much that after I gradiate to a better one, I will ship it to whoever who pay the shipping!!!!

It's not that it doesn't work, it does work, but it's a totall pain in the rear day in and day out!!!! When I have to take it completely apart for it to work cause it completely stops working, I don't like that!!!!

Back
Top Bottom