I have a few questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crshnbrn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gal tank/ I have a aquaclear 200 filter, a profile 9500 with 2 airstones, a berlin airlift 60 protein skimmer also powered by an additional profile 9500, and a penguin 1140 powerhead rated at 300 gph. I have a few questions. I also added a zoomed powersweep powerhead.

1. i have some brown algae buildup on glass and water seems tinted brown. It looks like green freshwater algae except its brown not in sheets or anything.

2. My powerhead doesnt seems to be moving that much water any ideas

3. My protein skimmer sticks out of the tank alot, where its says water level is that the tanks water level, or where the water level should be at when the airstone pushes the water up.

4. Last question i want to switch all this stuff except 4 the filter over to a 55 gal i have a aquaclear 500 im gonna use for filtration. And an additoinal penguin 1140. Will this work out right?

Can you describe the algae some more. It is in layers like its a sheet and you can pull it off in big sections are is it like a powder.

You might have to take the PH out and clean it as there could be something choking the intake or outtake on it.

I dont know about the skimmer as I have not seen that type in operation

What do you have in the tank as far as decorations. I would personally avocate using Live rock not only for decoration but also for your filtration.

Back
Top Bottom