I have come to a crash and i need help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chabooky386

Aquarium Advice Activist
:oops:

sorry guys i killed my tank.. i didnt take care of it for awhile and work is taking up too much time and now i need some advice on converting my 72 gallon bow front saltwater tank to a FRESH water tank... what the best procedure...?

need a lot of help guys...

thanks

Freshwater tanks need attention as well. I would empty the tank and store it until you have the time necessary to care for the livestock....would be less guilt too thinking about the tank you can't take care of.

Agreed. Any aquarium is going to require a 1-4 hours a week of maintenance. If you're unable to make the time commitment, hold off for a while.

In order to clean it up for when you are ready to run it again I would load it up with pretty heavy vinegar water and run that through (empty of any other contents) the system for a while. That should help to remove the coraline growth.

Storage sounds like the best option right now. Good luck.

If storage is not an option (I wouldn't have room to store a 72 gal), and you feel that within the next year you would be able to give the tank maintenance... Have you thought of other options? I have seen glass fish suspended from fishing wire and fake plants to make it look as if it was a real tank.
How much time could you devote to a tank? What about this tank was too much at this time? If you really wanted to stay with SW, can you devote (or train a housemate or hire a tank person from the yellow pages) to a simple tank? Like just live rock and some cleaning crew without any high maintenance members. Let the tank just get very mature without having any fish around, then when you timing changes... you would already have a mature tank ready for admittance.

Have you ever gone to a hotel under construction? Not restfull! The best hotels are the ones that have been operating for many years and have the whole routine down to a tradition. I figure it has to be similar for the fish... but they can't check out and go to the hotel down the street!
Hope that rambling compairson made sense? :oops:

Back
Top Bottom