I have converted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbabe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've just recently converted my 70g freshwater to FOWLR....now the dilemma, agressive, semi-agressive or peaceful. Anyone have any ideas on what to fill this tank...go ahead, pretend that it's your very own personal tank. I've come up with three combos but I'm very indecisive so I'm looking for your ideas...not mine.
I currently have a 100g reef but, this set up is very simple and I'm using all of my old equipment from the fresh. I have a RenaFiltar canister filter filled with only LR, a HOB Aquaclear filter, a CPR BakPak skimmer, a Rio 800 powerhead and two regular flourescents (actinic and powerglo). The dimensions are :

36"Lx16"Wx30"H

92cmLx41cmDx76cmH

Here's a pic of the old fresh and the new salt (only a few days old):
http://www.photochicken.com/ims/pic/86YG2w4/4942.jpg
http://www.photochicken.com/ims/pic/86YG2w4/4941.jpg

The shape of the tank is going to limit your choices a bit. Since it is not very wide you will have to eliminate fish that need horizontal swimming room like tangs. A peacful tank would be nice. Here is a list...
coral beauty
royal gramma
purple firefish
1-2 perc. or O clowns.
shrimp goby/pistol shrimp pair
1-2 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 fire shrimp
snails/reef hermits for a clean up crew.

That is a lovely mix...lots of color. What I really would like to have again, is the antennata lion. We used to have one before the 100g went reef. I would also really like to have a small angler. Keep in mind, I haven't made up my mind and probably won't for some time so all these suggestions are extremely appreciated. Keep them coming!

Keep in mind with those fish you are going to severally limit what else you can put in your tank.

I know....this is why it's so darn hard to pick, lol. What do you guys think about a picasso trigger, lion, zebra eel, cinnamon clown, and a lemonpeel angel or coral beauty?

You know...the more research I do on triggers, the less likely I am to want one. They most likely will not get along with the lion.

I'd love a lion myself...but I would go for more peaceful type fish. I think that with the shape of your tank any agressive type fish is going to come into contact with the other fish regularly and this is bound to cause problems.
Tank looks great by the way :!:

Okay, lets try this combo small yellow tang (top), lion (mid), flame hawk (bottom), zebra eel (bottom), and a bluehead wrasse (all). What do you guys think? Oh, I also found out that my tank is a 75g, not that it matters much.

Back
Top Bottom