I Just became a Daddy!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoveboy

Aquarium Advice Regular
:D
Wow....
Just wanted to share that my little Peppermint Shrimp gave birth today (my birthday!!) to thousands of little shrimps.
What a blast...!!! I'm so chuffed!!!!
What do I do? What do they eat?
They are in my 3g quar tank with just a few hundred artemia.
Will they grow up to become 'big' shrimps?

:lol: :) :D :p :BIG: :n00b: :new-bday:

e-cat said:
i would see that as a free food source.

I think what he means is that its very very hard to raise shrimp larvae. Most ppl just let the fish eat em to avoid the hassle of trying to provide for them

possum said:
e-cat said:

I think what he means is that its very very hard to raise shrimp larvae. Most ppl just let the fish eat em to avoid the hassle of trying to provide for them

right, i see new mysis shrimp all the time and just think theres another healthy tiny snack for my fish

e-cat said:
possum said:
e-cat said:

right, i see new mysis shrimp all the time and just think theres another healthy tiny snack for my fish

:roll:
Ok, I get the point...as a newbie to all this, I was just asking for advice in gen about raising my first hatchlings.
Maybe I got just a bit carried away expecting my shrimps to develop to adulthood...thanks for bringing me back down to earth.
Lucky Fishes....
:bawl:

hey no one says you cant try and raise the shrimps, mabey try feed them the food that is feed too baby brine shrimp i for get what its called i think it starts with an A, mabey they will eat zooplankton or plankton

Baby Brine Shrimp is a pretty good food for them. The problem is that they're so darn delicate. One bump into the side or bottom any they're done for.

Back
Top Bottom