Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a 125 gal. tank. NEED HELP SETING UP!

Hi, New member as of today. Just bought a 125 gal. reef ready tank w/ 2 overflow boxex each with 1.5 and 1.75 pre drilled holes. I am planing on a FOWLR system and need to purchase all the Systems for the tank. This is my first venture into salt water after many years of fresh. Here is what I am thinking of buying. . 1 aqua c protien skimmer, 1 wet/dry bio filter, 2 heaters ,2 sea swirl wave makers, What size sump do I need? What kind of pump will I need? GPH? Do I need some sort of mechanical filter as well? Lastly what order do all the components connect?

Scott H.

scotth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64

Please do not cycle with live fish.

I have a FOWLR, I won't be able to help you on the skimmer. I use two of these for mine:
A little bit cheaper than the sea swirls. You are going for FOWLR, right, not reef? If that is the case, if you have 1.5-2 LBS of LR per gallon, you won't really need a filter. I use my filter for extra water movement.
Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

125 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com