I just bought a 125 gal. tank. NEED HELP SETING UP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, New member as of today. Just bought a 125 gal. reef ready tank w/ 2 overflow boxex each with 1.5 and 1.75 pre drilled holes. I am planing on a FOWLR system and need to purchase all the Systems for the tank. This is my first venture into salt water after many years of fresh. Here is what I am thinking of buying. . 1 aqua c protien skimmer, 1 wet/dry bio filter, 2 heaters ,2 sea swirl wave makers, What size sump do I need? What kind of pump will I need? GPH? Do I need some sort of mechanical filter as well? Lastly what order do all the components connect?

Thanks
Scott H.

WELCOME TO AA/SW!!!!

Please do not cycle with live fish.

I have a FOWLR, I won't be able to help you on the skimmer. I use two of these for mine:
http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...aclear&In=All&previousText=aquaclear&N=2&Ne=2
A little bit cheaper than the sea swirls. You are going for FOWLR, right, not reef? If that is the case, if you have 1.5-2 LBS of LR per gallon, you won't really need a filter. I use my filter for extra water movement.

Back
Top Bottom