I KILLED MY FISH :cry:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last night before I went to bed, I checked the qt tank for ammonia ect....
The ammonia was high as well as the nitrite. So I do a 50% water change. I vaccumed up all the left over food. It was so late that I leave the water in the bucket to get rid of today. I look in there, and to my horror I see one of my 3 little chromis (MOE), the other 2 being Larry and Curly. I must have sucked him up while I was vaccuming. How dumb am I?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thought I would share, beware the siphon.......

Awwww man, bummer. Sorry to hear about your loss of fish, Rev. I always keep my siphon in the corner of my tank for that very reason. I'm always petrified of sucking one up. I usually use a power head to move my water so I don't want anything making it into the blender!

Hopefully your story will at least save another fish.

Sorry for your loss too. :( I also have 2 chromis and find them quite amusing and interesting. Cleaning the QT is always a meticulous job keeping in mind that very thing. It's a good thing that the pressure is not very strong upstairs where I keep the QT. The risks are minimal with the python this way.

8O

Revhtree,
Been there too :oops:

I did a water change on the tank in the bedroom, and my hubby was ill. I didnt want to wake him, so I just used the light from the hallway. I didnt use a siphon on that tank that night, just a big gulp cup. as I was pouring the water down the toilet I saw a shadow of something pour out of the buckt. Didnt think much of it and kept going... filling tank back up, I did a quick headcount... 1, 2, 3, 4....... where is number 4??? *smacks forehead...* UG!!! Im so dumb.
I couldnt believe that!!! I was SOOO mad at myself, and I feel so sorry for my poor little tetra, I hope it wasnt too bad... at least yours didnt die in raw sewage.
I can truely say I know how you feel.

Well I would use a ph, but I was sucking all the junk off the bottom of the tank. Thanks guys. I feel so bad for the little guy........

Sorry, buddy. :( I know it is easy to do. I sucked up one of my clowns once when they were little. Fortunately I found him in the bucket before I emptied it.

Yeah... sorry to hear about that... never a fun topic. On one of my FW setups, I took off the glass hood to clean it, and a bala shark flew right out like a rocket. Thought I could pick it up with my hands, took it up to the top of the tank, and it jumped off again. :roll:

Lessons learned, lessons learned.

Last weekend I took out all my powerheads and cleaned them. Put them all back in, but I forgot to put the protective grill on one of them. The next day my Lawnmower Blenny's was missing. Then I noticed his tail hanging out of the powerhead.

:cry:

Back
Top Bottom