i know i already asked this but...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium

Aquarium Advice Regular
what is need to start a 55gal SW tank...like filtration...do u need a filter? when i get it up and running i would llike to get aout of these fish..... clown..a yellow tang(if a 55 gal isnt to small) a yellow tail damselfish...a bicolor pseudochromis...a thread fin butterfly fish and a fridman pseudochromis.... iw ould like to put about 40-55lbs of LR...im not sure how much live sand i need can nay1 let me know? anyways....so what is needed to start a SW tank..the assentials etc...please help me put...i know i ask alot of question but i would just like to know my info before i get started..thanks alot

oh what is the food needed to feed those fish thanks alot

By the sound of your post you need to do more research. I am not an expert myself but I think that would be too much livestock especially at the beginning. If you had a sump for extra water stability and waited a while you might be able to have that many fish but definitely not for a while. A good starter fish is a clownfish.
My best advice is to take it slow(I know it's hard) and read,read,read. HTH

Ok, seriously you need to research this a lot more. You should try picking up any number of nice marine aquarium books. Anyway...

what is need to start a 55gal SW tank...like filtration...do u need a filter?

I would say go with LR and a good protein skimmer.

when i get it up and running i would llike to get aout of these fish..... clown..a yellow tang(if a 55 gal isnt to small) a yellow tail damselfish...a bicolor pseudochromis...a thread fin butterfly fish and a fridman pseudochromis....

All nice fish, however once you setup the tank, it will be about two months before you actually put fish in it. This is plenty of time to research. Also, you want to add fish one or two at a time.

iw ould like to put about 40-55lbs of LR...im not sure how much live sand i need can nay1 let me know? anyways....

55lbs of LR would be considered close to the minimum for a 55g. Go for 75 if you can. For substrate, you will want about 60 to 100 pounds total, depending on the type.

so what is needed to start a SW tank..the assentials etc...please help me put...

I presume you want this to be a reef eventually? The two most important things to start are patience and a lot of $$$. For basics, you need the tank, stand, powerheads (at least two), appropriate lighting for a 48 inch long tank (300 watts or higher), protein skimmer, glass tops, enough saltmix to make 100 gallons of saltwater, 55 pounds or more of live rock, tank cleaning tools, a bunch of high quality test kits... I am sure I am forgetting lots of stuff...

BTW change your name.... It is as original as
censored.gif

What brand and size powerheads do you guys suggest if I need two for a 55g?

Are 2 Maxi-Jet MP 1200 good enough or too much?

tia,
dan

ok i have been doin alot of reaserch but i just like to ask questions...i already have a FW tank so i got some a lil experiance...and if u dontlike my name KISS MY *** cuz i can care less if its original or not SORRY DONTCARE

hey aquarium you are not going to get much help on this site if your gonna be a edit .

Watch the language
-Biggen

Did you try using the "Getting Started" forum it has a lot of important steps to get you on your way with a saltwater aquarium.

Again Read as much as you can!

aquarium said:
...a bicolor pseudochromis...and a fridman pseudochromis....

Not good to put more than one pseudochromis in a tank unless it's a HUGE tank. They are very territorial with their own and similar species. A friend though since they were small he could put a small school (4) of them in his 100 gallon reef - it was awful. As soon as they were settled in a few hours they started ripping each other to shreds. He had to take out all of his live rock to get them out of the tank because they hide very, very well in it.

hey biggen I thought I was watching my language

You used the "d" word. You know, part of the male anatomy. Since we do run a family site, we are pretty strict on enforcing the language. I don't have a problem with profanity, but I simply call them like I see them with respect to our User Agreement.

No harm done.

Back
Top Bottom