I moved successfully!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishgirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I did it!! I moved that tank to the new house with NO casualites! YEAH!!! Thank you all for your advice with this in this club and the old Yahoo club. I had been dreading this every since we signed that contract back in Feb. But it went well, but really kicked my butt and the hubby's. Not to mention it started to pour down rain after I already started the process so there was no going back. We only moved about 5 miles down the road but it was still no fun.

So now let the improvements to the tank begin! My aquairum hobby was put on hold because I didn't want to add more life to the tank and risk it not making the move.

Ok I plan on getting my new lights from AH Supply. Want 2 of 96 watts kits for my 55 gallon, the hubby is working on cutting my wood for the new hood and now the next question.....the new filter. I am so tried of that hang on filter. I want a wet dry. What can you guys suggest for me? It's a 55 gallon FOWLR and I want a coral tank. I would like to stay under $200 if possible. I have seen different prices but just not sure what's good out there. Any ideas what you would do if you were me?
:scatter:

Gina

Condrads on your move.

I have found that moving a tank within the house or out of the house its the same amount of work.

Glad to hear you had no loss durring your move.

Glad to hear of your new house purchase

Glad to see that you did hold off on getting stuff for your tank because you was moving.

KUDOS for U.

Fishgirl said:
the new filter. I am so tried of that hang on filter. I want a wet dry. What can you guys suggest for me? It's a 55 gallon FOWLR and I want a coral tank. I would like to stay under $200 if possible. I have seen different prices but just not sure what's good out there. Any ideas what you would do if you were me? :scatter:

How about less than 100.00? Since you've got LR and sand, there really is no need for biological filtration capabilities. I think a 30g would do nicely for a sump, they should run about 40.00 and you should be able to get an overflow box for around 50.00.

Back
Top Bottom