I need help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lanna

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone tell me what this thing is eating my starfish? We have about 5 in our tank and have been told to get them out. We have been trying to catch them but no luck so far. Our starfish is not looking so healthy at the moment so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• image-811148021.jpg
    image-811148021.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 65
Lanna said:
Anyone PLEASE HELP!!?

Looks like a bristle worm. They arent bad, and are good CUC. Try to get it out if you can i guess. Dont touch it without gloves, some can sting

Thanks :) any ideas on how to get it out? And sorry I'm new to this what does CUC mean

Lanna said:
Thanks :) any ideas on how to get it out? And sorry I'm new to this what does CUC mean

I dont know how to get them out really, maybe some gloves and tongs?

Clean up crew. Hermits, snails, etc

Ok thanks just googled it, does not should like it is going to be easy

Think I'm just going to go with a hawkfish and see how that goes

It wouldn't have harmed the starfish. Most likely the starfish was dying or dead and he is cleaning it up.

Really!! Noooooo I love my starfish he was fine before all this started now he has black flowy things with bubble like things coming out of his arms and lots of cut like things on him

Could it be that the worm is stinging the starfish and thats why it's doing nothing?

Back
Top Bottom