Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank

Seaclones are garbage. Not worth the money you pay for it. I wish I had done more research before I bought mine. I'd recommend reef octopus models, they are quality.
True but on a tank this size which honestly could do with out a skimmer it'll be just fine imo but if you decide to upgrade definitely consider the reef octopus

Old 08-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #12
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Ill disagree. In a smaller tank proper filtration is even more important as little mistakes can lead to big issues with such a small water column. A good quality skimmer would pull tons of particulate out of the water and provide better results. I love the KISS method for things, but aiming to keep water pristine is the key to survival in this hobby. Even fowlr systems would benefit from a skimmer, especially smaller systems.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Ill disagree. In a smaller tank proper filtration is even more important as little mistakes can lead to big issues with such a small water column. A good quality skimmer would pull tons of particulate out of the water and provide better results. I love the KISS method for things, but aiming to keep water pristine is the key to survival in this hobby. Even fowlr systems would benefit from a skimmer, especially smaller systems.
I'm not argueing that it wouldn't help but small tanks can be kept just as healthy without a skimmer as large tanks with one. If I were him I couldn't justify buying another skimmer for that tank. It's just not really worth it imo if your doing proper maintenance
Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Oh, I def misread...didn't know he already had the seaclone. Have it, run it. Better than nothing.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Seaclones are garbage. Not worth the money you pay for it. I wish I had done more research before I bought mine. I'd recommend reef octopus models, they are quality.
I have a hob skimmer from octopus sucked putting it together ( thank you youtube) but it plug and play no adjustment needed out of the box.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

SeaClone is working great!! I did my research and there was both positive and negative reviews on the SeaClone and Reef Octopus.

Tags
29 gallon, filtration, filtration system, setting up, stem, system, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com