I need some aquascaping ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

localhost

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm not totally happy with my aquascaping. I am going to post a few pics of my tank and see if anybody has any better ideas on placement of corals. The tank is a 45G tank with xenia, zoanthids, leathers, and mushrooms. I also have a sponge I purchased both for looks and for my coral beauty to nibble on. Also, the leather on top isn't doing very well and I'm not sure if it is going to stay in the tank.

I circled my corals just in case they don't come out well on the picture. Xenia=Red, Green Star Polyps=Green, Zoanthids=Yellow, Mushrooms=Blue, leathers=Purple, Sponge=Light Blue.

tank1-highlighted.jpg

tank-left.jpg

tank-center.jpg

tank-right.jpg

It looks nice to me. If you wanted a change you might like a little height. get some more rock and make some caves and bring it up just a little. Just a thought. They have some really nice rock at GARF.

I'm sure that everyone has different aquascaping ideas, but I'll give it a shot...
If it was me, I would move the middle xenia up, on the higher side of the white rock. (So you would then have one on each side of that rock).
I would then move the mushroom rock down where that middle xenia was. Would move the smaller zoos over toward the xenia/shrooms.
I'm not sure how big your rocks are, but if possible I would move the rock below your green star polyp to create more of a cave there, putting that rock or another rock higher in that section. Would swap positions with the green star and the larger of your zoos. Last, I would take the small one that is circled red (the one on the sand next to the orangy mushroom) and move it near the new cave created on the opposite side.
Hope all this makes sense.
Just my opinion, artistically speaking.
Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom