I need to come up with a compatibility list.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

I need to come up with SOME sort of list of fish I want in my tank, and need suggestions.

I am planning on some corals like polyps, and mushrooms, and eventually an anemonae (long tentical).

So I guess butterflies are out of Q.

Look at my Sig to see what I currently have.

I am in no big hurry right now to get another fish, I want to let the tank sit for a few weeks.

So do you guys have any suggestions?

Check out the Blue/Green Chromis. Beautiful schooling fish, and great for Reef Tanks. I have 4 and love them. They're peaceful, hardy fish that really bring out the color in the tank.

For a 30G you can go with 4 or 5 different species of clown goby (citron, yellow, green, black, rusty, and brown). I would say you could easily put 8 - 10 of them in a 30G without adding any significant bio load. They are really cool fish as well. Go to WWM and read up on gobiodon, I have quite a bit of them in my 105 and am really pleased. However these fish will "Cling" to corals and rock work rather than populate the water column. If you looking for something that schools, I would look into green chromis (in odd numbers) but don't know if you'll get the effect in a 30G. Orchid Dottybacks are amazing fish and can be kept in pairs.

Chromis no no no. Ive tried 2 of them and they didnt live.

Brisc0, thanks. I was planning on a few gobies, but didnt know I could have 8-10 of them because they dont increase the bioload. I may eventually get 5 of them or so.

Do you have any preferances for firefish?

8 fish still sound like too much. How can fish eat and poop and not be an increase on the bio-load? I've heard that before about gobies, but I can't believe it to be that credible.

Mine have been some of the hardiest fish I've ever had. You must have had some from a bad batch.

Maybe a mated pair of firefish and one citron.

that sounds very strange...chromis are usually sold to break in a new tank because theyre hardy and non aggressive as to not bother future inhabitants

I've had my chromis' for years, and they're my healthiest fish. These fish are great in reef setups!

Back
Top Bottom