Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I started reading Saltwater stuff again...

Pre-apologies to my pocketbook, but I started reading saltwater forums again...

How about a 75 gallon tank, say, and we'll stock it with the following:

x2 Forcipiger flavissimus
x2 Amphiprian percula
x1 Zebrasoma flavescens
x1 Gramma loreto
x1 Nematelotris decora
x1 Paracanthurus hepatus

Followed by a handful of turbo snails, hermit crabs, a couple cleaner shrimp, maybe a sandsifting star or two...

Any advice on this would be appreciated, and even more so if somebody could offer suggestions on filters, lights (fixtures), sumps, skimmers, sterilizers, etc...(I think for heat, I'd be doing x2 200 watt submersible heaters or maybe x1 200 watt in a sump?)

Thanks in advance,

squishy1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
As far as the Tangs, I'd choose one or the other... either the Paracanthurus or the Zebrasoma... but not both. I have no experience with Tangs, but with a 75g I'd think you'd want to keep with the "one per species" rule on those. I'm probably a little conservative when it comes to stocking levels, but I'd say if you put all of those fish in there you'd be overstocked.

Kurt_Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Both tangs need a 6' long tank for swimming room and I feel that is inadequate for mine.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, saltwater, started

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com