I think I have gotten Coralline to grow on my rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been using Bionic calcium/alk 2 part system for about 4 months now I notice that pink coralline algae is starting to grow on my live rock very slowly, Is there anything else I should add to help stimulate this progress? I have noticed tanks that have Purple corraline algae but it took 5 years, I have MH 20K i hope this helps stimulate growth, I wonder if my DSB is hindering rapid growth. Is it true I can't do this rapidly since I don't have a RO unit?

I assume you have lr with some coralline on it already. Coralline algae won’t appear out of the blue. Keeping your ca/alk levels up is the main thing along with time. Most people have more then they need within a year or so. You could also try Purpleup also but essentially it’s just a ca additive. Make sure you are testing for ca/alk and not just adding additives without knowing where your levels are. (shoot for 380-400 ppm ca)

I have coraline covered live rock and have been adding the Bionic 2 part system and have noticed more coralline algae startiing to grow slowly on my live rock that hasn't been covered.

What are your current ca/alk/ph levels? Stop dosing now if you do not know since you can crash your tank quickly if they get too far from the norm.

Back
Top Bottom