I think my tank cycled . Am i right ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazycraven

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 125 gallon with a sweetlips clown , ocelus clown , firefish , few small crabs and a serpent star . It has been a month and the tank last week had high nitrites and nitrates . Tonight ph is 8.4 , ammonia 0 , nitrite 0 , nitrate 0 . Absolutely perfect . They spiked then dropped off . There was alot of brown algea on my sand and base-live rock . Now im seeing strands of green algae starting in the tank . Is this cycled ? Isnt the green algae a good thing ?

yes your tank is cycled most likely and it sounds like your getting hair algae which is a bad algae that can quickly take over your tank are you using tap water or ro/di water, tap water and over feeding are some of the main reasons it starts

Which algae th green or brown ? And im using tap . I plan on getting a ro setup to help out eventually. I thought the green was good . The brown is starting to dissappear slowly but surely .

is the green algae strands like hair? also yes the brown algae is diatoms and they burn off rather quickly

Sweet lips can be tough to care for. If he takes a turn for the worse see if you can get someone to take care of him for you. But yea, hair algae is a pain. You could go for a lawnmower blenny pair in that tank by the way. That'd definitely eat some of it up.

Yeah the green algae is like hair i guess u could say . Its not really bad at all just starting prolly . Def gonna look into the blennys then . The clown is awesome . He is very unique . I feed him only live glass shrimp and he is loving the tank . I have a 25 g with just glass shrimp . I know the clown will get big but it is probably my favorite . Thank u guys for your help . I love this forum

Try some DTs too as well. Feeding just one thing, even if its live, can lead to nutrient deficiencies. But yea, sweetlips are amazing fish. Too bad I can't keep one in my 24 gallon haha.

What is dts ? Sorry new to the grammar . Oh n hey could u tell me how to change my picture for my profile ? Id like to put my tank up as i update it.

Back
Top Bottom