I this a good price for LR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would retail at $8-10+/lb at LFS around here. Yes, that's a good price. I generally say $3/lb or under is good.

Just find out how they ship. You want it at your doorstep in under 24 hours transit time to minimize die-off.
It sounds like a great price, so just watch out for bad shipping practices.

Just find out how they ship. You want it at your doorstep in under 24 hours transit time to minimize die-off.
It sounds like a great price, so just watch out for bad shipping practices.

Yep, Shipping is gonna be a big deal. Wondering if shipping was included in that price?

hmmm, free shipping....that makes me wary. IMO the guys at www.liverocks.com do an excellent job...primarily in shipping the rock to you in under 24 hours time. I got my LR from them, and never saw an ammonia or nitrIte spike.
They use DHL for overnight shipping...who prices competitively against FedEx, so it's a prety decent price per pound of live rock, even after shipping. It was cheaper than going local, and better quality.

Inquire about their shipping policy. You may end up with LR that needs to be cured first...which is not a huge deal in a brand new tank that doesn't have fish/inverts in it yet.

Back
Top Bottom