I want to get a shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spikey

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking at getting a shrimp (not sure why; just because). I have a few of those small weed anemones . I do not want to spend a fortune; but I would like a nice hardy good looking shrimp.

Any advise????

If you are talking about aptiasia or glass anemone sometimes peppermint shrimp will eat them, they cost about $7 around here. It is a hit or miss type thing with the natural approach but I have had good luck with it. They do better in groups of 2 or 3 to handle the aptiasia. They are a very light bioload.

Yeah i was just gona say. The peppermint shrimp would be a good idea. Like joy said its not always guaranteed that the shrimp will eat the aptasia, but heck, its worth it. Plus.. they look awesome in a tank lol.

I would suggest a peppermint shrimp as well. They might eat your aptiasia which is great. But the more expensive shrimp i would only put into a mature tank.

What is the cost of sexy shrimp, cleaner shrimp or fire shrimp. I went with peppermint to get rid of my apitasia and it worked.

Over here in Aus everything SW is expensive. Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp: $170. *faint* Flame Angel: $110. *faint* Emperor Angel: $250! *die on floor from cost induced convulsions*

Yes it is sad. Well I am off now to get my peppermint shrimp; or some other shrimp, you know impulse buying!!!!!!!!!

I am also getting a new clown.

I will let you know what I get when I come home.

Over here in Aus everything SW is expensive. Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp: $170. *faint* Flame Angel: $110. *faint* Emperor Angel: $250! *die on floor from cost induced convulsions*

Shipping is a pain.wait....don't you guys have a pretty big reef over there somewhere. I think I heard some kind of rummor. for that kind of money ditch the tank and buy scuba gear.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back from the LFS

Well I'm about 3,000km or 34 hours drive. Big day trip. I do go SCUBA diving in Melbourne. Not the same as the reef.

I have just got back with my shopping no milk, no bread but I did pick up a clown (black and white)
DSC00343.jpg

DSC00342.jpg
And guess what shrimp I got.

Both are in the middle of getting to know my tank (in their bags)

Well I'm about 3,000km or 34 hours drive. Big day trip. I do go SCUBA diving in Melbourne. Not the same as the reef.

oh yeah....that is a pretty big country you have down there.....nice clown and coral banded. watch him they can be pretty mean.

day dream.....wishing I was only 34 hours away from THE reef.....I think I could do it in 30.

Back
Top Bottom