I want to know everyones tank size & protein skimmer cho

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
All the reveiws seem negative on about every protein skimmer I have looked at online. I am battling with the decision on what to purchase for my 46gallon tank. So I thought I would ask the forum. What size tank do you have and what protein skimmer do you use???????????/ :?: :?: I know about every newby on this forum seems to wonder about this question of what skimmer should I buy.

I have a 125 gallon tank with a 40 gallon refuge and I use a excalibur skimmer.

I have a Pro Clear Aquatics 150 sump that came with an integrated skimmer...works great.

I've got a 46g bowfront. No sump. Have a Remora Pro hang-on-back with the Mag3 pump upgrade. While there are some picky things I have about it, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

10 gallon and 2.5 gallon . No skimmer , weekly 20% h20 changes.
No sump /fuge

175 bow with an AquaC EV180-love it
110 with an aquamedic turbofloater mulit-happy enough
44 custom cube with an aquamedic turbofloater multi-happy enough

I have an acrylic 210 gallon tank, with a 50 gallon sump. I run a Euro-Reef Skimmer (custom built for prior owner). EXTREMELY pleased with the Euro-Reef series. If this one goes down, I will definitely get another one!

75 with a CSS 125. This skimmer works OK, but to keep it running efficiently I clean the neck every week and the pump every month. When clean, the cup is pretty much always full of dark green bubbly funkyness. I get a drastic reduction in skimmate if I don't keep it clean, especially the neck. I wouldn't recommend this skimmer just because for the price you can get something way better.

I think I want to go with a refugium or sump that has an included protein skimmer.And I was thinking about the Maxi Jet wavemaker system. With a Fluval Canister Filter and I believe I will have a complete setup. I kind of want something that won't take up too much space. I still have not made up my mind on a refugium/skimmer for my 46gallon? I need to just go with my gut and pick one having a hard time

125 gal that has been running a coralife for about a year and a half. Stopped working on me last week and my Aqua C EV just arrived in the mail! Can't wait to get it up and running! Don't think I would buy coralife again...

Ok I am pretty sure I want to go with the Aqua medic Turboflotor 1000 multi (250.00) It is rated for 120gallon-250 gallon tank I am wondering if this may be overkill for my small 46gallon tank?? I was debating that or the Aqua C Remora Pro with mag3 upgrade(229.00) It is a little cheaper. Or even the PCI (octopus) RPS-1000 Skimmer its only 209.99

The Turboflotor is meant to be used with a sump (or at least with an overflow/return to your main) while the Remora is a hang-on-back unit. You just have to decide how you want to mount/install the unit.

The turbofloater "multi", as opposed to the regular turbofloater, can be used as a HOB.

I use the TurboFloter 1000 on my 180 with a 100 gallon sump, really about 250 gallon water capacity an get real good skimate. Good proten skimmer!

Back
Top Bottom