I was just wondering if it was necessary to do PWC's for my live rock while its cycli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakskall

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, as you guys might know im currently beginning my first ever saltwater tank, i feel i have done alot of research on the subject before i even bought anything. I recently have finished acquiring all my equipment and have started the process, i am currently cycling my tank with live rock and all is going well. I was just wondering if it was necessary to do PWC's for my live rock while its cycling? Or should i just keep the water level and salinity up to date and let it cycle through?

Thanks,
Tyler

There will come a time towards the end of your cycle that you will need to start doing pwc's but for now you're ok

There will come a time towards the end of your cycle that you will need to start doing pwc's but for now you're ok

To lower nitrates correct?

Thanks for the input guys, this site has helped me tremendously with my saltwater tank

Tyler

Yes, ultimately, towards the very end of your cycle you'll have 0 ammonia, 0 trites, and show some trates....the frequent pwc's starting at that point will start knocking down your trates. And then after a few frequent pwc's, you'll switch to weekly....and that will keep your trates down for as long as you keep doing it

Back
Top Bottom