I would like some more fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenpillow

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you think would go well with my clan?

75 gal
2 clown fish (tank raises)
1 blue green chromis
1 lawn mower blenny (>.<)
1 6 line wrasse
1 royal gamma
2 cleaner shrimp
1 snail (not sure what kind)
2 emerald crab
A hand full of hermit crabs

I would like to have a reef at some point but not untill the diatom bloom goes away.

how long has your tank been setup for? i would say that the stock is pretty good for the first few months and i would slowly add a fish a month. what types of fish are you looking at keeping?

Gti_leo: It is a fairly new tank. We got lucky with the cycle. Month old including the cycle. We got lucky with the live rock... Been testing everyday had a mini ammonia spike with out fish then it evened out to 0, 0, 5-10 pH of 8.2 temp 74.3*F

I am also a microbiology student and I cultured my bacteria to see the ins and outs of what I have growing and the amounts. HAHA AWSOME! I know!! =^_^=

Critters are doing well. One of the shrimp has molted ^_^

I do not think I want to add anything this month. If I do I want to beef up my CUC. I would just like to get a running list of things to watch out for in terms of fish. The stores around here usally re-stock on Friday. If they get something in I rather just pick them up in the bag they came in. Insted of them putting them in there tank and then rebagging them (ect.)

I really want a Tang but I know my tank is too small for one. I want something larger than the fish I have now. Something that would swim around the whole tank. the six line swims around and is neat to look at but it usally swims around in the rock ;)

How about another wrasse or maybe a midas blenny? My midas was very active when I had him plus very colorful. :)
I was thinking about a fariy wrasse or maybe some anthias(from what I read 2 or 3 because they feel safe in schools). I don't know about another blenny >.< the lawnmower is a handful as it is ;) its my cat/dog/fish of the tank. Someone told me to check out a yellow eye tang and another type but I can not remember.

They also said a lot of the color can come from corals. ^_^ need to start planning that out too.

True, a kole tang or a bristletooth tang can go in a 75g. Anthias's can get pretty big though, I have 2 squarebacks in my 125g and they are pretty big already. lol

carey said:
True, a kole tang or a bristletooth tang can go in a 75g. Anthias's can get pretty big though, I have 2 squarebacks in my 125g and they are pretty big already. lol

Goood to know ill keep my eyes out

Whelp guilt got the best of me today >.< we were in petco and some one was gonna buy my kole tang and they were going to put it in a tank that they were gonna set up today (set up then put fish in no live rock no nothing). So I bought it.

I hope its not an engineer goby! I made the mistake of getting one and later found out they get to almost a foot long! LOL

carey said:
I hope its not an engineer goby! I made the mistake of getting one and later found out they get to almost a foot long! LOL

It's yellow and black. Kinda looks like a neon goby

It looks just like a Gold Neon Goby. They're great for the tank. They clean off of parasites, are active, colorful, and they are very interesting. The gold ones are not cheap fish. I remember when I got a Pajama Cardinalfish in with my chromis. I took it back to the store though.

Also, I love Kole Tangs. I have one in my 90, and it is a great "centerpiece fish". They also keep the algae down. Congrats on the new fish!

Kole is the one tang that I'm thinking about getting, have had my eye on one for a couple days now but been leery of going for it for some reason. Hopefully he won't sell before I decide lol

Back
Top Bottom