Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-12-2003, 10:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to ask if the following fishes are compatible..

Common clownfish, 4-stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, blue damsel, mandarin, regal tang, spotted sweeplips, sea horse, flame angle and a bulb anemone. Could any one pls give me advise by picking out those that will be aggressive or those that are not suitable for the tank. Assuming that all the fishes mentioned are almost of the same size.

mansiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to myJUMBOshrimp

From that list it looks like you have a lot of hiding spaces for your fish ( Live rock). The damsels are very territorial, and will need to have some space for themselves. Also, your seahorse will most likely starve to death because it is not fast enough to get food you prvide, the other speedy territorial fish will make sure they eat everything before the seahorse even gets a chance. I strongly advise just having a seahorse 10 gallon tank maybe, with NO fish.

HELLO ElizaBeth!READY TO MEET YOUR FUTURE? Weird huh? Guess the chinese zodiac thing is right, we are soulmates maybe? Cant wait for Friday/Saturday, this is just too weird to ignore!
myJUMBOshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
It is not easy to judge compatability without knowing the type and size of tank they would all be put into (i.e. reef, fish only).

I can tell you that the sweetlips get HUGE, to the tune of 3' long and will grow to that size pretty quickly. Not a fish that belongs in captivity in my book, and definitely not for a beginner.

The seahorse is also not a good choice and should be in its own species specific tank with the appropriate conditions. They require more than a 10g tank and should not be attempted by beginners in the hobby.
HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 08:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Oh I see, then I should not add any sea horses and sweeplips, as it doesn't suit my tank. Btw my tank is a reef and fish tank.
mansiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 09:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
how many gallons is this tank?
like pictures? visit
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 09:04 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

How big is your tank? (dimensions or gallons)
Are you adding any Live Rock?
Corals? or Fish only?
Overcrowding leads to stress (of the fish) and that leads to may other problems...

Tell us more about your aquarium and the people here will be able to help you better with your selection.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com