I'd like your opinion on this livestock for a 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been asked to do a quote for a 125 gal reef at the local hospital. I came up with the following stock list and would like your opinions on it. Have I mixed fish that won't get along? Am I overstocking the tank?
125 gal reef that is 6' long and 18" wide with 200lbs of LR, a sump, a Aqua C EV240, a large fuge and about 1800gph total flow.
1- Black Cap Basslet
1- Bangaii Cardinal
2- Ocellaris Clowns
3- Green Chromis
1- Hippo Tang
1- Yellow Tang
1- Yellow Fin Fairy Wrasse or equivalent

Thoughts?

Great! I was a little concerned that the bioload might be high once all these guys reach their adult sizes. What I had in mind for this tank was to use two 20 longs...one as the sump and the other as the fuge. The fuge would have a DSB and be full of turtle grass...reverse lit for pH stability. Might even go with a 30 for the fuge if I have room for it. If I get the job, it will be going in the pediatric ward at the hospital in Dalton. Gonna be nice...in wall installation.
For anyone who might be interested in what it'll cost to start up a reef tank this size, the quote including all livestock, came it at about $7500.00. That includes ozone with a redox controller, a complete RO/DI system, automated water top off, and automated cal/alk dosing though.

Looks good..I think I would add the Hippo last, but only because they are so prone to ick. Put everyone else in, let them get settled, then add the hippo. That way he doesnt have to go through the stress that another fish might bring into the tank and then the inevitable bout w/ ick.

Just a suggestion,

Back
Top Bottom