ideal temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reef lover

Aquarium Advice Regular
What's the ideal temperature for my 75g reef tank? Currently I'm running it at 74-76 . I heard so many different temperature and not sure which is the best

That's what I thought beggining . There one fish store running it at 75. Some even suggest it run cooler better for coral as they like cold water. At one point in summer when my chiller broke down it wejt to 82 and some of my coral start bleaching .

I keep mine at a steady 80 and at night let it go down to 79 at the lowest!

Maybe I should just shut down the chiller anf just leave the thermometer at 76 ? What ya guys think.

76 is still a bit on the low side ime. Haven't heard of corals doing better in colder water either. Have more info on this?

What's weird was I increase the temp to 77 and the coral don't open up as much as when it's in 74

76 isn't too bad imo. I ran my tank 78-80 until I moved 2 weeks ago and now at the new house I'm able to keep it 76-78 and I'm seeing better coloring and polyp extension. It really depends on acclimation and stability. As long as you can keep it less then a 2 degree swing inside of 74-82 degrees you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom