Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ideas for coral stocklist

Hi all  just wondering if anyone could give me any ideas for some beginner coral or whatever to put in my 29 Biocube. Also if I put some sort of bubble tip nem, would it cause my clowns to get aggressive ? I don't wanna add it if that were the case, cuz my clowns are friendly. Thanx 

Old 11-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
RJT
Aquarium Advice Freak

Any hammer, frogspawn or octospawn is good for beginners. Anemones won't make the clowns aggressive. They usually happens once they become sexually mature then they will become territorial.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

best beginner corals are zoanthids, mushrooms, green star polyps. All hardy and inexpensive if you have a problem for some reason.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

What light do you have? Clowns can get very aggressive when it comes to an anemone mine wasn't when it was hosting an acan but now with an anemone it gets a little nippy with me. Every fish is different and remember some host and some don't doesn't matter if is tank raised or not.

For a low light tank something like mushrooms. leathers and LPS like frogspawn. torch and acan. Zoas are a good choice as well. I would stay away from green star polyps, encrusting gorgonian, blue cloves, xenia and waving hand because they can over tank the tank.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanx all  I have the Biocube 29 with the stock lighting on it. I would really love to add some pretty stuff. And with all the googling and researching it has just left my brain on overload and confused more so than ever lol. I would like to keep whatever I get happy and healthy. If I wanted to upgrade my lighting, would I just switch out the bulbs that came with the cube ? Or how to mod that?
Old 11-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Zoas, palys, leathers, green star polyps are all great beginner corals. And there is a large color variation in the zoas (over 200+ types). There are also several types of leathers.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanx J yeah definitely want the color! Are these aggressive? Will they hurt eachother?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezyrae
Thanx J yeah definitely want the color! Are these aggressive? Will they hurt eachother?
Zoas are semi- agressive. But their sting is minimal. They easily reproduce. I have several rocks with multiple different zoas on them.

There are many websites out there that are nothing but zoanthid sellers. Check em all out
Old 11-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

I definitely will! Ty so much ! So, if I do get them and other stuff, they won't hurt them to bad?
Old 11-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezyrae
I definitely will! Ty so much ! So, if I do get them and other stuff, they won't hurt them to bad?
Not at all. Zoas are very hardy as well and can live pretty much anywhere in the tank.

http://www.zoanthids.com/

http://www.zoanthidsforsale.com/

Here's a couple sites to start your search!

Tags
coral, stocklist

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com