ideas on refgium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
looking for some ideas on a small refugium. To fit in my 28 gallon nano cube, inside the stand. any ideas would be great. Maybe I am thinking to far out of the box.

A 15g tall if you have the height is a good option. You'll have room to do a DSB or room for just rocks and plants. Having 6" or so of empty tank space is good insurance if the power goes out. I used one for a 30L reef for about 9 years. You won't have room for more than maybe one divider IMO. I didn't use any.

Really can't tell you as it would depend more on your stand than anything. IMO, getting macro in there is much more important than more rocks, if you have 1lbs per gallon in your DT, and a deep sand bed. Any chance at extra room can give you the ability to add more goodies, or get them out of your DT. I have the smallest aqueon sump that they sell (didn't have time to make one due to work), but have my heater, fuge w/ cheato and ~3k pods, and a uv sterilizer in mine. I had my skimmer in there, but when I upgraded my tank my new return took up to much room so it went back to HOB. Really miss having it in the sump.

Back
Top Bottom