if I got a 120 litre tank, how many fishcould I have

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman1234

Aquarium Advice Activist
if I got a 120 litre tank, how many fishcould I have, I like clownfish and blue hippo tang and a pufferfish. Would this he ok? :)

The tang will require at least a 6 foot long tank 125 gallons or larger. Tank requirements for tangs are less about gallonage and more about swim space. If placed in a small tank, they are highly susceptible to ich and lateral line disease due to stress.

The clowns should be fine.

I'm not at all familiar with the puffers so someone else will have to give you that info.

Depending on the fish I'd say you could do 3-4 fish.

Maya is right on the tang and unless it is one of these puffers I'd say no, those are the ones that'll fit in that tank. If you want a reef I'd advise against any puffer

120 litre is equal to around a 30 gallon if my math is right. i dont know of any puffer that will not live long in a 30 gallon.so i wuld say no on the puffer and the tang.

Even with the valentini I'd be cautious. Mine was in a 46g and looked healthy and happy for two months. Then out of nowhere he was sick and died within two days. Althougt I'm almost certain he ate himself to death. My chocolate chip starfish the size of my palm disappeared, 6 mushrooms disappeared, and bits of my featherduster disappeared two days before his illness.

Back
Top Bottom