If you had it your way?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyD918

Aquarium Advice Activist
What kind of gear/equipment would you buy for a 55g RR tank? What size sump, lights, protein skimmer, powerheads, heater and/or chiller, just anything and everything... Open to any and all opinions and options.

:thanks:

sorry for the late response guys/gals but i appreciate the inputs. and yes RR = reef ready/drilled. X would you buy the same gear for a 75g?

I also would go with a 75g tank over the 55g first off. Better footprint for aquascaping and more fish possibilities. :)

I'd start with a a sump/refugium like this
Eshopps Refugium R-100, 75-125g, 2nd Generation - AquaCave

Then I'd get an octopus skimmer, not sure which one but it would be a good one.
Protein Skimmer, Protein Skimmers, Aquarium Marine Reef Foam Fractionators

For flow i would go with 2 of these Vortech MP10W ES Propeller Pump by EcoTech Marine - AquaCave

For lighting I would go with this
Aqua Illumination LED Aquarium Lighting

Hmmm what else....I would get a controller too and an ATO

Reef Keeper ELITE V2 System by Digital Aquatics - AquaCave
JBJ ATO Automatic Top Off System Water Level Controller - AquaCave

I'd have a deep sand bed and about 150 lbs of rock. :)

theres also the list of doodads that would be good to have : An ro/di unit for water making, a refractometer for salinity and top of the line test kits. lol

Just an off the top of my head list. ;-)

theres ALWAYS something else you'll run into that you'll want. I'd also love to have a dosing pump setup as well since I have a good amount of corals.

Thanks Carey! The only reason I'm considering a 55g is I think it would be easier to tear down if I had to move? Might be wrong but just my thinking...

Back
Top Bottom