I'm finaly donne and ready to stock the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swissfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Guys, i'm finaly donne with my stand and canopy. I is a 80G with a 27G Sump. The tank is up and runnig for a month now and I just got donne with the canopy and trim.
What do you think?

I think you are doing a good job if it is finished cycling and what not I say go for the fish if you havnt yet

I had live rock in my 27G for about a year and moved it to the 80G and bought some more fully cured LR to fill up the tank. So I think i'm all right to stock it since my two false perculas had to move in to the 80G because I used their home as my sump. Ohhhh yes they are still alive.

Good deal I mst confess when I started my salt water tank I didnt let it cycle I threw 2 blue demsels and 2 stripped demsels in right away I have 1 blue demsel left because the stripped ones got aggressive so I removed them and my other blue demsel kiled the other but I only want one of each fish so it all worked out in the end!

Nice picture also I am going to take some pics of mine one my "cyno" problem goes away but its starting too slowly but surely...

make sure to take it at low resolution or you won't be able to post it.

I have some brown stuf on my sand too. Hate it :x

Try turning over ur sand then leaving the light off for a day or two that helped with my nasty growing stuff...then again I was leaving my light on for 14 hours a day 8O

my lights are on for 10h. I'm thinking about geting a UV steralizer and run it for about 4h a day.

What does a UV steralizer do? I'm thinking about getting a better protien skimmer for my tank mine is a peice of crap that I picked up for 20 dollars at the LFS.

It is suposed to kill free floating algea and is good against deseases such as Ich. I found a couple of articles on this site about it. (its a hot topic some like it some hate it).
IMO it mightbe good for me since I don't haf a qt tank and as soon I put new fish in it will be running for about two days to kill that bad stuff.

I see oh and in reply to me putting my fish in before cycling I thought back and I cycled till my tank was 80% brown I forgot it was so long ago don't want anyone getting the wrong idea now!

My tank never turned brown, but i also think most of the LR i bought was cured, back in the days when I started :lol:
I just got a Goby who is sifting through the sand and turning over the brown stuff.

I need a goby what kind do you have I was also thinking of a dragonato or w.e you eveer hear of em? they look like watchman gobbies but i guess there a diff. speices.

My LFS moved and they had a 30% of sale on al Life Stock and the goby I have was the onlione left over so I got him (the guy gave me the name but I cant remember, goby was good enough for me).

Kudos? I don't know what they do, but I think it has something to do with the amount of fish next to your name. Ask one of the advisors if you realy want to know.

Back
Top Bottom