Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

im gonna kill my skimmer....help!

i have a coralife super skimmer 225 venturi with a mag 7 pump running it... i have had it running for about a month and since day one afer the 24 hour break in it has been almost impossible to adjust correctly. rigt now i have it on the lowest setting and my bowl is overflowing. I am almost to the oint where wanna get a new skimmer. I have heard nothing but bad things about the coralife skimmer. anyone with suggestion or a solution please share.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

have you tried lowering the water level or raising the skimmer?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #3

i cant raise the skimmer due to clearance issues but i lowered the water to about 8 inches and still doing the same thing
Old 02-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

can you slow down the flow of water into the skimmer? Mine will do this from time to time. I added a T-Valve and can turn the flow as low as possible with barely any water coming out and turn in up a little at a time. Works like charm
Old 02-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #5

i talked to my guy at the lfs and he is going to let me trade my skimmer in towrds credit on some corals so i dont have to del with this thing anymore. now all i have to do is figure out what skimmer to get. i have heard lots of good things about reef octopus..any suggestions?

Tags
skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com