im gonna kill my skimmer....help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a coralife super skimmer 225 venturi with a mag 7 pump running it... i have had it running for about a month and since day one afer the 24 hour break in it has been almost impossible to adjust correctly. rigt now i have it on the lowest setting and my bowl is overflowing. I am almost to the oint where wanna get a new skimmer. I have heard nothing but bad things about the coralife skimmer. anyone with suggestion or a solution please share.

i cant raise the skimmer due to clearance issues but i lowered the water to about 8 inches and still doing the same thing

can you slow down the flow of water into the skimmer? Mine will do this from time to time. I added a T-Valve and can turn the flow as low as possible with barely any water coming out and turn in up a little at a time. Works like charm

i talked to my guy at the lfs and he is going to let me trade my skimmer in towrds credit on some corals so i dont have to del with this thing anymore. now all i have to do is figure out what skimmer to get. i have heard lots of good things about reef octopus..any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom