I'm just curious as to what the actual operating cost are on a FOWLER tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrazil230

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I currently have a 55 gal Malawi cichlid tank that I originally bought to work up to saltwater, I've since decided that a 55 is way too small to do what I want to do, and I've fallen in love with my cichlids but I've been researching plywood aquariums and I think I'm going to build a 230 gal tank but I'm just curious as to what the actual operating cost are on a FOWLER tank that large

depends how often you do waterchanges, FOWLrs are to expensive to run its when you get into the reefs when you require heavier lighting and heavier skimming also more waterchanges and more supplements

That would be so sick! I wish I could afford to run a bigger tank. I have a 135g fowlr tank and its perfect for me right now. After your initial set up cost, I'd imagine it'd cost you around $50-100 a month for salt or premixed water and whatever else you may want.

That would be so sick! I wish I could afford to run a bigger tank. I have a 135g fowlr tank and its perfect for me right now. After your initial set up cost, I'd imagine it'd cost you around $50-100 a month for salt or premixed water and whatever else you may want.

And that $50-$100 is for the 230?

depends how often you do waterchanges, FOWLrs are to expensive to run its when you get into the reefs when you require heavier lighting and heavier skimming also more waterchanges and more supplements

And on my current tank I do a weekly 50%pwc, but I don't think I would need that on my big tank since I don't plan on having live coral or many invertebrates

I do about 25-30g every 10-14 days. My bio load is medium. I'd imagine you'd do 40-55g every other week...?

Back
Top Bottom